The 3M’s Perfect-It product line is a system developed by 3M to help consistently produce defect-free finishes in an efficient manner. Designed for marine, RV, and industrial gelcoat, this versatile group of products can do it all from start to finish. Organized through a simple step by step approach, there is no need to experiment or develop your own process, simply follow the instructions for a stunning finish that enhances your gelcoat’s beauty and also protects it from the elements.
The Perfect-It finishing system follows a simple workflow. Prewash, cut, polish, and then finish off with wax to seal and protect the newly rejuvenated finish. Recognizing that not every instance calls for this exact pattern, 3M created products that allow users to both skip unnecessary steps and combine others for maximum efficiency.
- 3M Perfect-It Boat Wash (Prewash) – can be used for general cleaning, or as the first step in the Perfect-It finishing system. Formulated to produce a large amount of suds to remove common marine debris without stripping wax from the surface. Safe to be used on virtually all areas of boats from bow to stern, including hull and non-skid areas.
- 3M Perfect-It Gelcoat Light Cutting Polish and Wax (Polish and Wax) - works exceptionally well to remove light to medium oxidation, swirl marks, and scratches of P1500 or finer, even on difficult dark colored gelcoats. This formula can be used to cut, polish, and wax all in one step, saving both time and money. Provides a long wet-time which makes it easy to work with and store. Leaves behind a smooth high-gloss finish every time.
- 3M Perfect-It Gelcoat Medium Cutting Compound and Wax (Cut and Wax) - is ideal for removing oxidation, weathering, dulling, chalking, and scratches of P1000 or finer and applying a durable protective shell on the surface in one step. The high gloss finish left behind after use not only brings out the vibrance and nuances of your gelcoat, but also works to protect it from weather and use.
- 3M Perfect-It Gelcoat Heavy Cutting Compound (Cut) - is 3M’s fastest-cutting gelcoat formula for removing heavy oxidation, weathering, dulling, chalking, and P800 or finer scratches. Use after washing to achieve a glossy finish that does not need to be polished before waxing, even on darker colored paints. This product has a long wet-time, which makes it easy to work with and easy to store.
- 3M Perfect-It Boat Wax (Wax) - is an excellent final step for any process where a wax finish is recommended/required. Formulated with a blend of pure carnauba wax, silicones, polymers, and resins, this wax brings out a vibrant gloss that also provides durability against the elements and is safe for use on gelcoat, paint, fiberglass, and metals. The liquid wax is easy to apply and clean up, and is suitable in many different climates.